I thinks that in the world is rare to find a city more romantic and beautiful than Italy’s Verona, the famous setting for Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, but Verona is not only romantic, it’s a unique place indeed, a wonderful small city where you can experience and incredible mix of history, art, food, music and of course romance! For sure is on my top 5 places to visti in Italy!!!
Here below my list Verona Best Of #wheretoeat and stay in Verona
Aperitivo (before lunch or dinner)
– Caffè Mazzanti it’s an historical meeting point on the wonderful Piazza Erbe. The best place to enjoy the typical Spritz while watching the famous square and taking with the locals.
– Osteria del Bugiardo http://www.buglioni.it/osteria/ it’s an adorable wine bar, owned by the wine producer Baglioni. The perfect place to enjoy a good glass of wine with a place of cured meat&bread before going our for dinner
– Oreste OMG the staff here is so rude and the place so tiny that you might be not feel so welcomed, but their wine list is so good that it’s a worthy experience. Be patience and try to find a place on their bench and buy a one glass from (or a full bottle) their selection! it’s a unique place
- Ristorante Ponte Pietra definetley one of the most romantic restaurants in the world. It’s right on the river and you can have dinner on the little balcony; the food is excellent and based on the old local tradion but with a contemporary twist! Perfect place for a marriage proposal!!!! http://www.ristorantepontepietra.com
- 12 Apostoli http://www.12apostoli.com/en/ one of Italy’s truly historic restaurants of ancient tradition. Restoration work unearthed some medieval relics (ask to visit it ’cause it’s amazing), which are now on display in the wine cellar. The restaurant serves super traditional local dishes and an interesting selection of wines. PS: the staff is TOP TOP TOP
– Alcova Del Frate http://www.alcovadelfrate.it a warm and welcoming typical Trattoria where you can feel and enjoy the most authentic vibe of the city while having good food&wine
Where to Stay
– PALAZZO VICTORIA http://palazzovictoria.com
– Hotel Gabbia D’Oro http://www.hotelgabbiadoro.it
– Hotel Due Torri http://www.hotelgabbiadoro.it
I hope you are planning your romantic weekend for Saint Valentine 🙂 or in any case a lovely trip to this beautiful city!
PS: don’t forget to have the best espresso at Caffè Borsari!